Saturday, March 16, 2013

Teaching Students with Special Needs Chapter 9

In this chapter, they talk about the advantages and disadvantages of technologies in the classroom.  I know that when I was a student, we were not allowed to use calculators, and we did not have assess to computers in the 80's.  What I have read has really made me better understand how far we have come with technology use in the classroom.  I believe that it is a wonderful thing to use technology to help students with disabilities and special needs.  This levels the playing field for them somewhat, and it also gives them the ability to go at a pace that is on their level.  I also agree with the book where it stated that the key thing in classroom technology use is the use of the appropriate programs.  There are so many programs available that are classified as educational, but it is very important to research them before implementing them into the classroom.  I never thought of that, but I see the importance of finding the appropriate technology to use.

No comments: